Feliz Año Nuevo!
Just a quick post to show one of our most-favorite breakfasts in the whole wide world – steam-fried eggs with black beans and homemade salsa. If you’ve already got beans and salsa in the fridge, it’s a super-quick whip-up that even I can manage before my first cup of coffee.
My Steam-Fried Eggs
1. Heat a smidge of oil or butter in a pan.
2. Crack a couple of eggs into the pan and cook till whites set.
3. Top with grated cheese (to taste) and a little ancho chili powder (whatever you have on hand or black pepper works well, too).
4. Add about a tablespoon of water to the pan and cover till your cheese is all melty.
5. Serve over black refried beans with some corn tortillas and salsa.
This was the first meal that I cooked for my now-husband. I’ve been wracking my brain trying to remember “THE MOMENT” to no avail. I think it’s because at the exact moment that I decided to get up and make my steam-fried eggs for him, all of the dating stuff fell away and we began our lives together.
So… give ‘em a whirl on a morning when you want a little more than your standard bowl of yogurt and granola or oatmeal.
Be kind. Be patient. Eat well.